1. That it was once over 250.000 words but it was cut down to under 75,000 words—which kid could wade through 250,000 words, right?
2. That I’d written up an entire history and back story to Keeper of Reign.
3. That I went through different titles, from ”Elfie Epic” to “Kingdom of Reign” to “The Ovecomers” to “Blood Books”.
4. That I started Keeper of Reign in 2008.
5. That the five kids in the Blaze family are modeled after my five kids.
6. That the name “Gehzurolle” is a German word and it means Confounder.
7. That I changed the names of some of the characters: Chrystle was Sparkles, Tippy was Toepee (due to her large toes) and Tennesson was Tenacious.
8. When I first wrote Keeper of Reign I had illustrations my children drew or sketched out that I wanted to add to the book, but with the cost of publication, I had to scrap this idea.
9. That I have added three new paragraphs to the end of Keeper of Reign as a few readers complained that it ended too abruptly, and deleted a star from the rating just because of that—ouch! So now it would have a gentler wrap up…happy? But still, the story isn’t finished, and Book 2 is definitely coming.
10. That Miranda is a new character and I only added her when some teenagers said, “But where is the ‘romantic’ interest for Jules?” But when I had Miranda added I realized it made for a stronger plot for she brought in her own story into the book. Yeah, for girl power!