Sponsored by

                        

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Eva Millien posted blog posts
1 hour ago
sherry fundin posted a blog post
9 hours ago
Eva Millien posted blog posts
Saturday
sherry fundin posted a blog post
Friday
Eva Millien posted blog posts
Friday
sherry fundin posted blog posts
Thursday
Steph-Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust posted a status
"It's Who you Know in BORN TO BE WILDE http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2018/09/born-wilde.html Is Lavinia an Airhead or Brilliant?"
Thursday
Steph-Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust posted a status
"What Looks Like a Tree,…? http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2018/09/tree.html Evolution: Personalities, politics, and science."
Wednesday
Eva Millien posted blog posts
Sep 19
sherry fundin posted blog posts
Sep 18
Steph-Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust posted a status
"I c many Jane Austen sequels, prequels, mash ups and fan fic. This one is worth it. http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2018/09/maryb.html"
Sep 18
Eva Millien posted a blog post
Sep 17
sherry fundin posted a blog post
Sep 15
Eva Millien posted blog posts
Sep 15
Eva Millien posted blog posts
Sep 14
sherry fundin posted a blog post
Sep 13
Steph-Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust posted a status
"THE WALLFLOWER MOST WANTED by Manda Collins: What’s in a Name? http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2018/09/wallflower.html"
Sep 13
sherry fundin posted blog posts
Sep 12
Steph-Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust posted a status
"THE GLITCH: Living to Work http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2018/09/glitch.html The CEO of a technology company fights off personal demons."
Sep 12
Eva Millien posted blog posts
Sep 12

Okay guys, let's start sharing.  What is your "most-favored" historical book?  

Mine is Through a Glass Darkly  by Karleen Koen.  This book spans the love, heart-ache, tragedy and survival of Barbara Alderly in London and France in the eighteenth century.  It is a lengthy book, but I have read it over & over and it brings me to tears each time.

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

Oohh this book sounds good!

Historical fiction is actually my favorite genre but I'm having a hard time trying pick one. P & P by Jane Austen is my favorite book of all time but... I also really loved The Skin of Water by Greg Johnson, El Rey by Ginger Myrick...oh and the list goes on

Mine for the moment is Dreamer by May Nichole Abbey.  It's Historical Fiction with time travel and lost treasure.  It was a fun easy read and although characterized as “Christian Fiction”, it’s not in your face.

It is soooo good.  I looked to see if it was lendable in case any of you wanted to borrow it, but it doesn't seem to be.  :-(

Margaret Literary Chanteuse said:

Oohh this book sounds good!

My tastes, even as far as historicals is so eclectic.  My second favorite is a book called Aztec by Gary Jennings.  Which is to say I have a plethora of favorite books that span different time periods and topics.

Margaret Literary Chanteuse said:

Historical fiction is actually my favorite genre but I'm having a hard time trying pick one. P & P by Jane Austen is my favorite book of all time but... I also really loved The Skin of Water by Greg Johnson, El Rey by Ginger Myrick...oh and the list goes on

I love time travel.  I'll have to look that one up!

Simone Lilly-Egerter said:

Mine for the moment is Dreamer by May Nichole Abbey.  It's Historical Fiction with time travel and lost treasure.  It was a fun easy read and although characterized as “Christian Fiction”, it’s not in your face.

I have so many. I don't know if I could just pick one. 

P & P is the only book I have ever read more then once and is my favorite of all time.

But I also LOVED Gone with the Wind.

I don't know that's tough one. 

For me, it would have to be the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. She weaves the love story into real history. I've read the whole series like five times, and I cry and sigh every time.

Oooh, Gone with the Wind is a good one. I also really enjoyed Scarlet, and then a few years back someone wrote one about Rhett that was really good.

Mary @SweepingMe said:

I have so many. I don't know if I could just pick one. 

P & P is the only book I have ever read more then once and is my favorite of all time.

But I also LOVED Gone with the Wind.

I don't know that's tough one. 

A bit later than the rest of you but I have to say my favorite is Gone With The Wind and anything by Jane Austen. :) There are several more but right at the moment I can't think of them all. :) 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Jen Rattie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service