Jul 29, 2020
sherry fundin posted a blog post
Jul 27, 2020
Jul 23, 2020
Jul 22, 2020
J.D. Holiday posted a status
"JANOOSE and the FALL FEATHER FAIR https://cerealauthors.wordpress.com/2020/ 07/17/janoose-and-the-fall-feather-fair-2/"
Jul 21, 2020
  1. Tell us about your latest book.

Dark Pursuit is a crime thriller about one woman, Emily Stone, who dares to hunt down serial killers covertly, alone, and under the radar of law enforcement.  Her motto, "Life was not worth living if you cannot make a difference – right a wrong, catch a serial killer, or save an innocent life”.  Dark Pursuit pushes Stone to the limit both physically and emotionally as she pursues the Tick-Tock Killer.

1. Where did the idea for the book come from?

The idea for the Emily Stone Series came from a personal experience I had with a sociopathic neighbor that threatened my life for more than two years.  The creation of a vigilante detective hunting down serial killers was the result.

1. Who and what inspire you to write?

I find inspiration in everything around me, from the beauty in nature to the crime headlines.  I love to explore all the possibilities of simple to complex things to further inspire my writing.  Also, I’m always in awe of many popular and indie mystery and thriller authors, they are amazing in their efforts and storylines.  

1. Each author has his or her own inspiring journey. How did you begin writing?

Books have always been a major part of my life.  I have loved most genres and a good story that takes you on an adventure.  I have been writing most of my life in various areas, but decided to take a more serious avenue and write novels.    

1. What has been the most pleasant surprise about writing? How about an unexpected down side?

I love the feeling when you have accomplished a completed book.  There’s nothing more exhilarating for me.  Every book is still an exciting accomplishment and inspires me to move forward with the next project.

I never realized that I can be a procrastinator and that actually surprised me.  I am very driven and organized, but I have to take special care to not let that procrastination bug take hold.      

1. Do you have any writing rituals?

I do most of my writing in the afternoons, so I do not have a writing ritual per se, but I find that I am the most comfortable writing barefoot.  I think that is more of a writing quirk than a ritual.

1. Do you write your books in order?

I outline my books and I generally write my story in chronological order.  However, there are times that I write out of sequence because it’s a difficult chapter or scene, such as with a lot of action or from a serial killer’s viewpoint.

1. What is on your writing playlist for this book?

It’s the usual playlist of social media and sites, book blogs, giveaways, book tours, signings, and various articles on my own blog.  My books incorporate criminology and forensics, so I like to write articles about these subjects as well as promoting the book.

1. Any favorite writing snacks?

I love to snack on popcorn with plenty of water, and sometimes black licorice when I’m in the middle of writing a tense or action-oriented scene.

1. What advice would you give writers who aspire to be published?

There is quite a bit of advice out there, some good and some not.  I have to say that you should write what you love, make it the best that you can, continue to improve your craft, and do not ever let anyone tell you what “they” think you should write.

1. Are you working on anything new right now?

Yes.  I always have at least two to three storylines rattling around in my head.  I am in the middle of writing a new forensic mystery series, and outlining my next Emily Stone thriller.

1. Who is your favorite character in your current book?

That is easy, it’s Emily Stone of course because she is tough, intelligent, more than I am, and never stops when there is a victim’s life at stake.  With that said, I love my bad guy and serial killer characters because it’s a challenge for me to create.  I try to make at least one thing that makes them more human.

1. What is your favorite book of all time?

That is the toughest question! I have many favorite books.  If I had to choose, my favorite childhood book is The Secret Garden, and my favorite fiction book as an adult is Gone with the Wind because it has everything that a thrilling story needs with suspense, love, and drama.

1. Tell us in one sentence why we should read your book.

Dark Pursuit is an action thriller that takes you on a rollercoaster ride to the dark side with a heroine you will not easily forget.

About the author: Jennifer Chase is an award-winning author and consulting criminologist. She has authored five crime fiction novels, including the award-winning Emily Stone thriller series along with a screenwriting workbook. Jennifer holds a Bachelor degree in police forensics and a Master's degree in criminology. These academic pursuits developed out of her curiosity about the criminal mind as well as from her own experience with a violent sociopath, providing Jennifer with deep personal investment in every story she tells. In addition, she holds certifications in serial crime and criminal profiling. She is an affiliate member of the International Association of Forensic Criminologists.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JChaseNovelist

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Jennifer-Chase/208188122534165

Blog/Website: http://authorjenniferchase.com/

Follow The Tour

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for a such a fun interview!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Jen Rattie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service